NEW CUSTOMERS-Residential & Commercial
Sr. Billing Clerk, Secretary to Commission
Ph: (218) 773-1163
Fx: (218) 773-6127
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
1. You must come into the Business Office at 600 Demers Ave
to sign up for service.
2. Fill out an Application for Utilities
3. A State Issued Picture ID is required
4. A Connection Deposit is Required as follows:
$50.00 for Senior Multi Unit complexes - Townsquare and Sunshine Terrace
$150.00 for Non-Electric Heat Residence
$200.00 for Electric Heat Residence
No deposit for commercial accounts
BUILDING NEW -Home or Commercial Building
Follow the steps above for "New Customers",
plus the additional steps below. Some steps have corresponding fees:
TRANSFERRING/CANCELING UTILITY SERVICE
- Obtain the address for your new lot from the Water and Light Business Office at 600 Demers Ave, (218) 773-1163.
- Building Permit - Contact the Building Inspector in the City Hall, 600 Demers Ave - Ph: (218) 773-2208
- Prelimary Service Connection Application - Please print out the Preliminary Service Connection Application, fill it out and return it to the Distribution Service Center at 1010 5th Ave NE when you are requesting electric service for a new home or building.
- Temporary Electric Service - Contact the Water and Light Distribution Service Center at (218) 773-0515 (an electrician's Certificate of Connection will be needed before this can be done) fee assessed
- Trench in Power - Contact the Water and Light Distribution Service Center at Ph: (218) 773-0515. fee assessed
- Water Service Connection Fee - Pay this fee at the Water and Light Business Office, 600 Demers Ave and then pick up your water meter at the Water and Light Distribution Service Center, 1010 5th Ave NE. this fee will depend on the size of water meter you want.
When you need to cancel your service or transfer service to another address, stop by our Business Office at 600 Demers Ave or call us with your information Ph: (218) 773-1163.
A forwarding address is required.
UTILITY BILL CYCLES
There are 3 Billing Cycles:
- North End - receive bill on the 1st of each month - due by the 10th
- South End - receive bill on the 15th of the each month - due by the 25th
- Large Commercial - receive bill around the 15th of each month.